Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Read it in books

tfrommer@mindspring.com tfrommer@mindspring.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 12:39:09 -0700 (PDT)

Emerging from lurk mode, or is that out from under my reading lamp?

Crime and Punishment -- F.M. Dostoyevsky
The Lady and the Monk: Four Seasons in Kyoto -- Pico Iyer
Snow in August -- Pete Hamill
collected poems -- Anna Akhmatova
The Quiet American -- Graham Greene

As for an MO cover, did they or did someone on here many years ago suggest REM's "Orange Crush." I recently heard the original on the radio and yeah, I think that would work well for the Oils given the two distinct singing parts and the martial drum cadence. Everybody now.....follow me, don't follow me/I've got my spine, I've got my orange crush....

--Tim