Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Humpy (was Current listening indulgences)

Kate kate@dnki.net
Thu, 22 May 2003 19:30:43 -0400

--=====================_204494417==_.ALT

A humpy is a little lean-to/shed/shelter/"fort" built of sticks, leaves or
what ever is at hand - tin if ya got it.  Traditional ones look a bit like
the houses Eeyore builds in the Winnie the Pooh stories.

I think I'll build one with the boys and sleep in it this weekend if the
weather warms up.

At 03:32 AM 5/23/03 +1000, Lina Yune wrote:
>Well,
>
>Let me try to have a little fun, and try to guess the meaning.....
>Humpy...I would assume, by reading the rest of the sentence might be
>either hammock, or bench, or small camper, or gazebo?
>
>let's see if I am even close...
>
>Looking forward to find out...
>
>Lina (who is goofing off at work)
>
>Bruce Robertson <the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>What in the name of garth is a humpy? Surely only an Australian could make
>sense of the lines below!  :)
>
>bruce in calgary
>
>Jane R <bunge91@hotmail.com> wrote:
>You mean under dead gum trees in my humpy. mmmm that euculyptus smells good
>;-)
>

>Post your free ad now! <http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/>Yahoo! Canada Personals
>

><http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/?http://au.mobile.yahoo.com/sms/mail/index.html>Yahoo!
>Mobile
>- Check & compose your email via SMS on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile.

--=====================_204494417==_.ALT

A humpy is a little lean-to/shed/shelter/&quot;fort&quot; built of
sticks, leaves or what ever is at hand - tin if ya got it.&nbsp;
Traditional ones look a bit like the houses Eeyore builds in the Winnie
the Pooh stories.<br>
I think I'll build one with the boys and sleep in it this weekend if the
weather warms up.<br>
At 03:32 AM 5/23/03 +1000, Lina Yune wrote:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Let me try to have a little fun, and try to guess the meaning.....<br>
Humpy...I would assume, by reading the rest of the sentence might be
either hammock, or bench, or small camper, or gazebo?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
let's see if I am even close...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Looking forward to find out...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Lina (who is goofing off at work)<br>
<dl>
<dd>What in the name of garth is a humpy? Surely only an Australian could
make sense of the lines below!&nbsp; :)
<dd>&nbsp;
<dd>bruce in calgary<br>

<dd>You mean under dead gum trees in my humpy. mmmm that euculyptus
smells good
<dd>;-)<br>

</dl><br>
Post your free ad now! <a href="http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/">Yahoo!
- Check &amp; compose your email via SMS on your Telstra or Vodafone
mobile. </blockquote></html>