Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lollapalooza

sebastian balcombe sbalcombe@agelessfoundation.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 20:49:02 -0400

I never post but felt I needed to show some love and  respect for some of my
favorite bands that have played lolapalooza and are not getting the credit
they deserve. I know many of you on this list may hate these bands  and the
style of music, but regardless their sheer performance intensity is mind
numbing. These bands in my opinion are the only bands in the world that
could ever hold a candle to an oils performance. I list them in order of
sheer intensity. The first band will be closest to the oils. The first time
I saw all of these bands was at lollapalooza.

1. Rage against the machine (Incredible guitarist)
2. Korn
3. Tool ( amazing drummer)
4. Metalica ( not my favorite type of music, but they put on an amazing
performance.

BTW I just received my real thing  vcd in the mail from canada, and I wanted
to thank the sender. I must have erased the email though so going by the
return address I would like to thank Mr. Chris W Rea. I really enjoyed the
performance though got a little sad hearing Pete lose his voice towards the
end of the performance. Never the less great performance as usual.

Take care everybody