Midnight Oil

[Fwd: [Powderworks] Scary?]

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 18:36:11 -0400

Naah, we're not scary.  Consider the typical Worker:

1.  Few, if any, of us derive our MO fandom from an all-consuming
interest in the possibility of sleeping with one of them.  From this
aspect, much scarier fans can probably be found in the world of Pete
Yorn (14 year old virgins, I bet), Indigo Girls, and Alan Rickman (I'm a
huge Rickman fan but some of the fan sites are really, really, scary.  I
never go there any more.  Let's just say it ain't about the acting for
many of his fans - male or female)

2.  Most of us spend at least some of our time not drunk/stoned.  For
the other type of fan, attend any Irish rock band's concerts.  See also
Phish.

3.  We are reasonably intelligent and drool-free.  Unlike, say, fans of
any band involved with Lollapallooza.

4.  If we get a little carried away analyzing lyrics, it's because our
band actually has something to say.  Visit the world of Jewel - or, come
to think of it, pretty much any Lilith Fair participant - for a look at
the dark side.

5.  The female MO fans are all very brainy and beautiful, with
huge......tracts of land and positively scintillating personalities.
Among our many outstanding qualities are truthfulness and modesty.
These are attributes not to be found among fans of other bands.

There, I've now exposed us for the sweet little kittycats we are. - Beth