Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] A successful conversion

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 17:48:13 -0500

Nice work!!!  I too converted a friend a few days ago, even though she has
not yet bought any albums.  She had been wanting me to make her an Oils mix
for a while so she could hear what they were like.  I finally made one for
her.  I asked her if she wanted the instant winners or the weirder
stuff...she said she wanted the weirder stuff so I put a little of both.
The next day she said to me...'Guess what!!!  I am the newest Oils fan!!  I
absolutely love them!!'  She wants to buy an album next time she has the
money.  The scary thing...she already has picked out her favorite band
member...Bones!

Heidi

'Put down that weapon or we'll all be gone,
I must know something to know it's so wrong'
                    -Midnight Oil

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Brian Jacobs" <suncrush@lycos.com>
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] A successful conversion
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:33:57 +1200

A pal of mine in Canada recently downloaded Beds are Burning in an 80s music
Kazaa carnival. I told him he should check out the rest of the bands stuff
and sent him Bushfire as a sampler.  He thought it was really good, so he
went down Saturday and bought Diesel and Dust (which was the only MO album
the store had.)  He liked it so much he got online and ordered the entire
anthology on Sunday.  That's right: every album.

My work here is done.

Brian

---
Anteeksi herra, haluan rakastella tyttäresi kanssa!