Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] My Country / CNN

Silva da, LB (Leandro) Leandro.Silvada@rabobank.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:20:55 +0100

Since this whole thing started many anti-war songs in my CD collection
are being played regularly...I even thought of mailing some of them to
you guys but I thought it wouldn't be appropriate/apreciated but since
Ribman mentioned "Bloodshed" I couldn't resist to send the lyrics of a
tune by another great ozzie band....

Cheers and peace,
Leandro

Bloodshed
By Screaming Jets

To fill your mind up full of views All you gotta do is watch the news.
Im a stranger so full of doubt and I just cant seem to work it out. I
dont try to get involved but I cant ignore All the things Im told.
Grieving faces tell me the score its a body Count in another war. All
around is bloodshed and people just wanna be free. Well we've got free
misrepresentation. Leave it all up to me. Your just another boot leggin
bomber boy Trying to make me see but all I see is bloodshed. You never
know who makes the rules Lying deceiving and following fools Is this a
plot without a clue. Who's gonna give it up and whos Gotta choose. What
in the world is their reason or cause Whats your excuse and the point of
it all. You say your answer is bigger than My question. A ballot box for
my suggestion. All around is bloodshed and people just wanna be free
Well we've got free misrepresentation Leave it all up to me. You're just
another boot-leggin bomber boy. Trying to make me see but all I see is
bloodshed Runnin down runnin down yeah. The system switched to overload
and now its Fading from my screen. The system has a standard and now Its
going to extremes. All around is bloodshed and people just Wanna be
free. We've got free misrepresentation Just leave everything up to me.
You're just a boot leggin bomber boy Tryin to make me see but all I see
is Bloodshed in the name of peace.