Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] War has begun!

Janice Coleman jec_coleman@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:26:15 -0500

George Dumya said something in his speech the other night that really
disturbed me...that once Hussein is toppled, the threat of terrorism will
diminish greatly.  How does he figure this?  I think it will increase
terrorism, make other countries hate us and peg us as war-mongers, and
alienate us more than we already have been.  It started with the Kyoto
treaty and now this!  I am so ashamed of our government.  Even though I did
not vote for Dumya, he still runs the country for which I am a part of.  I
hate it!  I just hope this "war" ends and fast.  I hope Iraq can recover and
become a free nation.  I hope the US can recover.  I hope the environment
can recover.

My other fear is that even if we "win" (and I use that term very loosely),
how are we going to help rebuild Iraq?  If it's anything like what we didn't
do in Afghanistan, Iraq will grow another Hussein.

Janice

PS: I am very surprised Australia entered the war!  What were the reasons?