Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: King Crimson

Martin Bradburn mgbljb@ids.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:28:11 -0500

Crimson on Pworks. Wow. Just caught them in Boston last night,
frightening... just scarry stuff. All of the CD (the remasters) are
available at the Disipline Global Mobile site as is Robert Fripps Diary.
For those who wish to know more about music and the completely unrelated
business of music, chek out Robert's press conference for the new CD
"The Power to Believe". The current lineup can be heard on "The
Construction of Light", "Level 5" and TPtB. They are Robert Fripp -
Guitar (Guitar Synth & Soundscapes), Adrian Belew - Guitar, GSynth,
Vocals and percussion, Trey Gun - Warr Guitar (Stick like) and Pat
Mastellotto on Acoustic & Electronic Drums.
 I am not affiliated with the band, but they are my faves next to the
Oils. No commonality musically, but there is not to much more intense,
adventurous music with this much intelligence and integrity out there.
And they f-ing rock out!!
Recommended:
In the Court of the Crimson King
Larks Tongue in Aspic
Red
Discipline
Beat
Thraak
TCoL
TPtB

Martin G, Bradburn
West Greenwich, RI
                       02817
PS anyone stateside Newberry Comics seems to get a regular supply of the
Remasters in their used bin.