Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Capricornia DTS!

Seth Cooper cooperseth@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:18:03 +0000

Per Jacques suggestion, I ordered mine from half.com ($18.48US with
shipping) and got it yesterday.

Tried to play it in my xbox, which is also my (DTS supporting) DVD player,
and...static.
According to what I could find on google.groups the xbox is upsampling the
44.1kHz sample rate on the disc to 48kHz PCM, (that's what the Sony on the
other end of the optical link is saying so I'll buy it) which trashes the
signal.

So I can't listen to the disc unless I buy another DVD player! Grrrr.

SDC

             Seth Cooper's No Frills Signature