Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Teacher Confession

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:27:52 -0500

I'm not a teacher, but I play one on TV...har, har, no, really, I spend
a fair bit of time at meetings of my company's quality assurance staff
giving technical presentations, and it's up to me to find a way to get
these people interested.  People's eyes get a bit glazed over after a
dozen or so presentations, so I've incorporated a bit of PG's stage
tactics into my presentation style.  You can really learn a lot about
working a crowd by watching him.  It's made a big difference in my
ability to hold a group's attention. - Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of James Warren
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 1970 7:44 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Teacher Confession

Ok, I must come clean.  I am a teacher (high school physics), and I
have used footage of Midnight Oil to try to enhance my lesson (kinetic
energy).

I know Powderworker Bruce has used the Oils in his classroom.  Are
there any other teachers on the list who will confess to engaging in
these Oils-appreciation indoctrination tactics?

-Jim W.