Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Now See Hear news

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:53:23 +0100 (BST)

On Jun 13, Bawolski@aol.com wrote:

> It's very possible that the disc will be all regions, like the 20,000 Watt
> DVD.
> I was just speculating that there is the possiblility that it would be a
> region 4
> only disc.  According to Whammo the format and region encoding are "TBA."
> And who knows, maybe it will be released worldwide.

And if it's not...

http://www.regionfreedvd.net/

I've converted a few players using this site. Ironically it tends to be
the cheaper DVD players that convert most easily, as it is the smaller
companies who can't afford to go to greater lengths to make it difficult
for people to unlock their DVD players. I have a Marantz player that
requires a special remote, yet my girlfriend's cheap DVD player (can't
even remember the brand) was a couple of key-presses on the supplied remote.

Cheers folks,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk