Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Lucky Country

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:02:41 -0500

>I had the same question about "The Dead Heart."  I recently was looking at
>a National Geographic book >about Australia which referred to the desert
>interior as the Dead Heart, and I believe the book was >published before
>the song came out.

Australia's desert interior is known as the Dead Heart.  If you listen to
the Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club bootleg, Pete makes a comment about that song.
He says something like, this is a song about the Dead Heart the innermost
part of our continent.  Can't remember exactly what he says, but that's
pretty much the gist of it.

Heidi