Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Hotel rooms swaps

bmounier@sympatico.ca bmounier@sympatico.ca
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:13:06 -0400

------=____1055275986433_oYZek'J8U8

M'dear, you read my post too fast. I didn't say Peter wanted his own room=
 (darn they better each have their rooms!!). I said Rob ended up with the=
 hotel room that was meant for Peter one night and made a comment about h=
ow nice or how enjoyable it was, as if it was much nicer than his...
Brigitte
> =

> De: Bruce Robertson <the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca>
> Date: 2003/06/10 mar. PM 04:04:29 GMT-04:00
> =C0: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
> Subject: Re: [Powderworks] ...Nice things to say about PG
> =

> Greetings Workers,
>  =

> Just a wee comment on the lines below. Like Jim, I met Pete briefly and=
 found him to be very humble in conversation (like Rob, Martin and Jim) a=
nd very unlike his stage persona. Someone made a comment about Pete wanti=
ng his own room on tour - who wouldn't want a little space, even with an =
awesome roomie like RH? (settle down ladies.) And of course they'd have t=
he odd falling out over the years.
>  =

------=____1055275986433_oYZek'J8U8

<DIV>Greetings Workers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just a wee comment on the lines below. Like Jim, I met Pete briefly and found him to be very humble in conversation (like Rob, Martin and Jim) and very unlike his stage persona. Someone made a comment about Pete wanting his own room on tour - who wouldn't want a little space, even with an awesome roomie like RH? (settle down ladies.) And of course they'd have the odd falling out over the years.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, Pete would have to be a very intense person to keep up the pace he has over the years. Intensity can sometimes be hard to interpret/handle.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And about Pete's musicianship, one could argue the only difference between a singer with his voice and a guitarist/drummer/pianist&nbsp;with their instrument is technology. Pete used his voice to very good effect and is most certainly a musician AND a showman.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce in calgary<BR><BR><B><I>James Warren &lt;jimcwarren@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">&gt;<BR><BR>We all have our faults. No one is perfect. I for one respect people's <BR>opinions, but I wish that we would not speculate on this list regarding <BR>a man's motives (in this case, Peter's) and in the process claim that <BR>it is his mistakes that have caused a heap of trouble for the band. It <BR>simply is not fair.<BR><BR>I appreciate the Oils news, but if the subject line says news, let's <BR>just leave it at that. And if we are going to speculate and in the <BR>process criticize without the facts, then let the subject reflect that <BR>that is what we are doing, so that other people don't read it and <BR>expect news and instead read something speculative.<BR><BR>And please let me add that I only know Peter well enough to really <BR>really really appreciate his performance, his connection to fans, his <BR>energy, his passion, and his care for other humans. And I did meet him!
  <BR>once

------=____1055275986433_oYZek'J8U8--