Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (no subject)

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:14:24 -0400

Jonathan wrote:
...... twin guitar attack.
********************
Right before I sat down to the computer I was listening to my pair of
Amazon parrots raise hell, which they do regularly at this time of
evening, and when they have chicks (as now) it's a real screechfest.
Yet you'd swear all the noise was coming from only one bird.  They weave
a pattern so that each screech and yell falls exactly into place, back
and forth, never overlapping and perfectly matched up and down in pitch
and rhythm, so that it sounds like there's only one source and the
entire "song" is a single entity.  A truly impressive display of
synchronicity.  Kinda reminds me of something Oily........ - Beth