Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What got you started?

Matthew Wightwick madboy_92001@yahoo.com.au
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:08:55 +1000 (EST)

At the age of about 10 or 11, I was feeling a little
bit disappointed with the music that seemed popular at
the time. Namely, love songs, love songs, love songs.
I mean, now I can see their place, but it seemed that
every single song out at the time was about this
emotion.

So when I heard this song that was on another topic
altogether, and not only that, seemed angry and
relevant, I was interested. Then, when I saw the film
clip with this big bald angry freak dancing and
breaking stuff, I was hooked!

The song was "Blue Sky Mine", by the way.

Then, sad to say, my interest slightly waned. During
high school, wanting to be cool and liked, I bought
the albums and music my mates liked (I liked them too,
but they weren't the Oils). As such, 20,000 Watt RSL
was the first Oils album I owned.

And then I made the colossal blunder of never seeing
them live, despitem my ample opportunities!

Dolt that I am,

Matthew W.