Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] ordering rob hirst's book

Kelly Morris km97mo@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

For any American powderworkers interested in
purchasing Rob's book, I recommend the Australian
Online Bookstore at http://www.bookworm.com.au
That's where I got my copy.  The total cost, including
shipping, was about 27.00 US dollars (34.50 Australian
dollars).  After looking at several online bookstores
using google, that was the cheapest I could come up
with.  The book costs 22.50 Aussie dollars and then
economy air shipping costs 12.00 AD.
Economy air is estimated to arrive within 2 to 4 weeks
but I received my copy of the book in one week to the
day.
All things considered, this is a pretty good deal
since most online stores are charging 20 bucks for
shipping alone.
And having read the book, I gotta say it's a great
read, especially for a "novice" writer, as he refers
to himself in the acknowledgments.  The writing style
is casual yet elevated and Rob has a great sense of
humor.  It's better than a lot of nonfiction I've
read, and I've read quite a bit, even taken a couple
nonfiction classes at college.  It's informed,
informative, honest, and funny in the way it tackles
the simplest of daily occurrences in the touring life
to the big issues.  Highly recommended to anyone who
hasn't gotten a copy of it yet!
kel