Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Questions from the edge of the powderworks list

James Buntine dynajamie@dodo.com.au
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:26:34 -0800

Hi everyone,

I have been lingering on the edge of this years, on and off, for years now
and I figure its time I said something. Really what I am after is some info.
The first concert that I ever went to of the mighty Oils was at the palace
in Melbourne Wed 18th September 1996. This concert was recorded and bits of
it are on the 20000 Watt DVD and on the B-side to Surf's Up Tonight. Does
anyone know if the whole concert has ever been broadcast or made available
anywhere?

Another question, I found an old record (with very little info as to its
origin, although it looks like my Interchords Diesel and Dust record) that
has two remixes of Beds are Burning - the Kintore East Version and the
Yuendumu Percapella Mix - and a Long Version of Dead Heart. These remixes
are good but I have also heard of a Tamarama Mix of Beds, can anyone tell me
where this mix can be found and if it is very different to Kintore East
Version as they are both (from what I can tell) very similar in length.

Thanks everyone,

James