Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Light FM

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:38:39 -0500 (EST)

--0-1133479447-1042677519=:41070

Thanks for the update Magnus. Too bad it wasn't live and meatier. But, hey, that WE should be so lucky up here in the Arctic World to ever get a whiff of Oils on our local Christian radio station. Even a little fix of Oils would certainly spice up the usual onslaught of mind-numbing schmaltz that's ooooozing all over the airwaves in the name of Christ...where is MXPX when you need 'em?   :)
bruce
 Magnus Holmgren <oznut@swipnet.se> wrote:Workers,

It turned out to be rather dissapointing. A 30 min segment with 95% studio tracks and 5% previously recorded chat with PG (he was not in the studio). He made no mention of leaving MO in the interviews which made me wonder if these were old interviews.

He was more personal than usual though, and talked about being brought up in a religous family, losing his faith during the teenage years and then finding God again - or as he liked to see it, that God found him.

He also said that he does not want to talk about his beliefs publically since he found that "very dangerous". He referred to some Australian politicans who attracted votes with their religous beliefs and then turned out to be corrupt. (who is he talking about?)

What else... something about him not having a great desire to fight causes, but he just can't sit back and do nothing. etc... Apart from the more personal stuff, it was mostly old news.

I couldn't record unfortunately.

Magnus