Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Jim's new songs and FTP

Tom Giffey tom.giffey@ecol.net
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:31:27 -0600

--=====================_12257224==.ALT

Hi all,

I agree someone should try to get these songs on the FTP site. I let out a=
=20
big "D'oh!" when I discovered they had been removed from midnightoil.com,=20
since I had intended to download them when I had some spare time.

Speaking of the FTP site, what's the current way to access it? Is there=20
more than one active FTP site? I know I had one bookmarked a long time ago,=
=20
but I'm sure it's gone by now. Perhaps it would be a good idea to assemble=
=20
an FTP FAQ and post it ocassionally for people like me who are way, way=20
behind on reading our Powderworks mail. (I've got messages from two years=20
ago I haven't read yet!)

Best,
Tom

At 09:23 AM 1/7/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Magnus,
>
>Am I getting you right - there were seven songs posted on the Midnight Oil=
=20
>website?  I never saw any other mention of this except for your message=20
>here.  If this is true and someone managed to download these, we should=20
>find a way to get them on a server for all to hear.
>
>Take care.
>
>Jacques
>

>Don't forget, Capricornia DTS 5.1 CD due out Jan. 14th!
>

>>This info was pulled straight from midnightoil.com, which had 7 Jim and=20
>>The Other Guy tracks up just a couple of days ago. They're all gone now=20
>>though but perhaps they are to be found on one of the FTP-servers?
>>
>> > This article also lists some of Jim's tracks recorded most=20
>> recently.  One of
>> > those has the title of "Can You Imagine the First Taste of Freedom for=
 the
>> > Refugee"... a line from the B-sides' "Ships of Freedom".. would be=20
>> interesting
>> > to hear what he's up to.
>> >
>> > Alexei
>> >

>> > Magnus Holmgren <oznut@swipnet.se> wrote:
>> > taken from
>> > http://www.undercover.com.au/20030106_midnightoil.html
>> >
>> > A final Midnight Oil recording is also expected to surface in March as=
=20
>> part of
>> > the Gaia Project but together by musician Alan Simon. Midnight Oil have
>> > contributed what is thought to be their last recorded effort for the=20
>> project.
>> > The Gaia project is to raise awareness and funding for finance=20
>> education in
>> > schools world wide.

>---
>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

--=====================_12257224==.ALT

I agree someone should try to get these songs on the FTP site. I let out
a big &quot;D'oh!&quot; when I discovered they had been removed from
midnightoil.com, since I had intended to download them when I had some
spare time.<br><br>
Speaking of the FTP site, what's the current way to access it? Is there
more than one active FTP site? I know I had one bookmarked a long time
ago, but I'm sure it's gone by now. Perhaps it would be a good idea to
assemble an FTP FAQ and post it ocassionally for people like me who are
way, way behind on reading our Powderworks mail. (I've got messages from
two years ago I haven't read yet!)<br><br>
Best,<br>
Tom<br><br>
At 09:23 AM 1/7/03 -0600, you wrote:<br>
Am I getting you right - there were seven songs posted on the Midnight
Oil website?&nbsp; I never saw any other mention of this except for your
message here.&nbsp; If this is true and someone managed to download
these, we should find a way to get them on a server for all to
hear.<br><br>
Take care.<br><br>
Jacques<br><br>
Don't forget, Capricornia DTS 5.1 CD due out Jan. 14th!<br><br>
midnightoil.com, which had 7 Jim and The Other Guy tracks up just a
couple of days ago. They're all gone now though but perhaps they are to
be found on one of the FTP-servers?<br><br>
&gt; This article also lists some of Jim's tracks recorded most
recently.&nbsp; One of<br>
&gt; those has the title of &quot;Can You Imagine the First Taste of
Freedom for the<br>
&gt; Refugee&quot;... a line from the B-sides' &quot;Ships of
Freedom&quot;.. would be interesting<br>
&gt; to hear what he's up to.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Alexei<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Magnus Holmgren &lt;oznut@swipnet.se&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; taken from<br>
&gt;
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.undercover.com.au/20030106_midnightoil.html</=
a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; A final Midnight Oil recording is also expected to surface in March
as part of<br>
&gt; the Gaia Project but together by musician Alan Simon. Midnight Oil
have<br>
&gt; contributed what is thought to be their last recorded effort for the
project.<br>
&gt; The Gaia project is to raise awareness and funding for finance
education in<br>
&gt; schools world wide.<br><br>