Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tentative first post!?

Dave and Rowena Dave and Rowena" <david_rowena@rocketmail.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:19:59 +1300

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C2B376.40D35620

Hi All

Having been an "innocent bystander" and observer of the list for a while =
now, the events of the last month or so have finally persuaded me to =
come down off the fence and join all the fun. As others have said, now =
more than ever is a time when Oils fans have to stick together.

I've been a fan since 1984, and again like others, the music, message =
and values behind the band have shaped my own value system. Being a New =
Zealander, I unfortunately haven't had so many opportunities to see the =
guys live as you fortunate souls in Oz and the US (you'd think a quick =
hop across the Tasman every so often wouldn't be such a big deal!?), but =
the 4 times I have seen them would definitely rate as the best 4 live =
concerts I've been to. Was lucky enough to be living in Sydney when =
Breathe was launched, so the concert at Selina's holds a bit of a =
special place.

Anyway, enough boring background. I guess like any "newbie", and despite =
trawling back through the archives alot, I have the usual same old list =
of questions that have been asked before, so apologies in advance for =
this. Firstly, the ftp servers sound fantastic, but must say I am having =
difficulty accessing them despite knowing a bit about ftp - is this =
normal as I guess they get hammered pretty hard, or are they taking a =
well earned holiday!? Secondly, I need to be educated on the nature of =
CD and video "weeds"! I've been a pretty keen collector of rare stuff =
over the years, but am keen to pick up a wider range of bootleg and live =
recordings, as well as trade wherever possible.

Other than that, am looking forward to "getting more involved", and am =
rapt to see there's such a big group of positive folks out their keeping =
it all alive.

Cheers

Dave Russell
Wellington, New Zealand

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C2B376.40D35620

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi All</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Having been an "innocent bystander" and observer of =
the list=20
for a while now, the events of the last month or so have finally =
persuaded me to=20
come down off the fence and join all the fun. As others have said, now =
more than=20
ever is a time when Oils fans have to stick together.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I've been a fan since 1984, and again like others, =
the music,=20
message and values behind the band have shaped my own value system. =
Being a New=20
Zealander, I unfortunately haven't had so many opportunities to see the =
guys=20
live as you fortunate souls in Oz and the US (you'd think a quick hop =
across the=20
Tasman every so often wouldn't be such a big deal!?), but the 4 times I =
have=20
seen them would definitely rate as the best 4 live concerts I've been =
to. Was=20
lucky enough to be living in Sydney when Breathe was launched, so the =
concert at=20
Selina's holds a bit of a special place.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Anyway, enough boring background. I guess like any =
"newbie",=20
and despite trawling back through the archives alot,&nbsp;I have the =
usual same=20
old list of questions that have been asked before, so apologies in =
advance for=20
this. Firstly, the ftp servers sound fantastic, but must say I am having =

difficulty accessing them despite knowing a bit about ftp - is this =
normal as I=20
guess they get hammered pretty hard, or are they taking a well earned =
holiday!?=20
Secondly, I need to be educated on the nature of CD and video "weeds"! =
I've been=20
a pretty keen collector of rare stuff over the years, but am keen to =
pick up a=20
wider range of bootleg and live recordings, as well as trade wherever=20
possible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Other than that, am looking forward to "getting more =

involved", and am rapt to see there's such a big group of positive folks =
out=20
their keeping it all alive.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dave Russell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Wellington, New Zealand</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C2B376.40D35620--