Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Need Help copying VCDs

Terry Johnson tenacious@cyberback.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:58:08 -0600

Though I haven't used it yet I have been told with much reliability that
Roxio's WinOnCD is the best program for creating VCDs.

Looking around on the web, I was surprised to find that Roxio doesn't have a
direct link to the product from their website, you have to search for it and
then there's only a link to buy it with no real explanation or description!
I know v6.0 was released in November, but I can't find anyone on the web
selling it.  You have to get v5.x and then upgrade.  Odd.

>From what I know, it'll allow you to produce the VCD from several media
formats with a great deal of control over the production process.

If you need a more professional look, I'd recommend using Adobe Premiere and
Discreet's Media Cleaner 5 for PC users and Final Cut Pro for Apple users.
These can be quite expensive with a sharp learning curve, but they are of
professional quality.  If you have any questions about these types of
programs, feel free to contact me off-list.

Clear skies,
--Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of W. Chris Graham
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 2:43 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Need Help copying VCDs

Please give me some help copying the VCDs I said I would!

I asked a while back, and someone recommended CloneCD.  Unfortunately, I
just
had an absolutely horrendous month at work (plus Christmas obligations), and
the trial period expired before I could burn even one disc!

I felt lousy enough leaving making the copies this long, and now I face
needing
to find another means to copy them, which could take another while!

Hopefully with your help, I can get on the fast track and get these done for
the poor people that I owe them to, and I won't feel like such a heel
anymore.

Please reply directly to me and remove [Powderworks] from the subject line,
so
that I can be sure to find the mail when it comes in.  If you feel the list
in
general could use the advice too, of course also copy it to the list.

Bear in mind that for the next few months I absolutely can't buy any
software
unless it is extremely cheap, and that I have no other use for CD burning
software than to fulfull my promise.

I tried using the software that came with my burner (which is what I thought
was going to be able to do), but strangely I burned a coaster with almost
nothing on it.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide, and thank you to the folks who
burned discs for me!

Viva les Oils!

Chris