Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] * trading shows on Direct Connect

Midnight Oils Tree Midnight Oils Tree" <MOilTree@hotmail.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:47:30 -0600

I for one do not like Direct Connect because

1. I am very against trading MP3s because they degrade the sound quality
unlike SHNs or audio files
2. Direct Connect requires, if I remember correctly from when I tried it six
months ago, that I give access to my hard drive if I want to download from
somewhere else and I won't ever do that.

I, of course, am in no way putting Brett down for his preferences and I do
believe "to each their own".  However, when it comes to me, I will not be
trading any of the shows from trees I have done in the past, via MP3 and/or
Direct Connect, or for that matter the trees I expect to do in the future in
order to spread the good tunes out to those interested in hearing them.  I
would hope that anybody who trades Oils shows in the MP3 format will alway
clearly identify them as such and not allow audio files (WAVs) derived from
MP3s to enter the trading world without properly identifying them as such.

I hope you do find some folks with similar preferences Brett.  It just won't
be me for one.

cheers,
eric