Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LONMOC: Men better looking as they age?

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:24:04 -0500 (EST)

--0-1735158420-1046276644=:56185

I'm not about to comment on 'good-looking and sexy, creases and all"!, but there is something appealing in the old rocker's wrinkles. They tell many a tale. There's room for an emerging industry reading the lines on Keith's face. I've got a seriously used and abused guitar that one guy described as having the same vibe as 'Keith Richards face.' It was meant and received as the ultimate compliment. Lived in and survived to sing about it, and all that. Kind of like your old baseball glove.
Regarding cosmetic slashing and slathering, I suppose Keith could have taken the same path to new and improved beauty as Michael Jackson (God forbid) but I know who I'd rather meet in a dark alley...Maybe the scariest thing about Mannekin Jackson is the emptiness that smites you when the face speaks. By contrast, Keith seems so completely human, a bit frayed and burnt, but impishly alive and mirthful - and increasingly so!
What a strange thread!
And how has Peter G. managed to stay in such top form at 'turning 50?' Not only does he look much the same facially, but he seems able to rock just as manically....an amazing cat for sure.
cheers
bruce in calgary
'You don't stay on top by being stupid.' ~ Keith Richards
 GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:Don't anybody dare say anything bad about Keith.
I think he is incredibly good-looking and sexy, creases and all. Maybe it's also the twinkle in his eyes, and the genuine kindness and down-to-earth quality of the man. Mainly, it's the way he's comfortable in his own skin, wrinkled though it may be.
The man is a treasure.
BTW, Charlie also looks wonderful. But then, he's always been elegant.
I think many, if not most, women also become more beautiful as they age, contrary to popular American opinion...especially if they (we) don't resort to the knife or slather on makeup with a trowel.
If you're basically fairly happy with who you are inside, that really comes through on the outside. Hopefully, you become more content with and understanding of yourself as you age - it's called growing and evolving, if you do it right.
And if you genuinely like and are interested in other people, it's amazing how much better-looking you become to them, no matter how old you are.
The Oils look just as good to me as they always have - it's not like I met them when they were callow youths, after all - but have long been in awe of Peter Garrett, because he just doesn't seem to change. Perhaps it's because he protects that fair skin from the aging effects of the sun, or it could be that not having a particular hairstyle doesn't date him as it does others (mullet, anyone?).
Either that, or the bloke has a portrait in the attic somewhere that looks like hell.

--0-1735158420-1046276644=:56185

<P>I'm not about to comment on 'good-looking and sexy, creases and all"!, but there is something appealing in the old rocker's wrinkles. They tell many a tale. There's&nbsp;room for&nbsp;an emerging industry reading the lines on Keith's face. I've got a seriously used and abused guitar that one&nbsp;guy described as having the same vibe as 'Keith Richards face.' It was meant and received as the ultimate compliment. Lived in and survived to sing about it, and all that. Kind of like&nbsp;your old baseball glove.
<P>Regarding cosmetic slashing and slathering, I suppose Keith could have taken the same path to new and improved beauty as Michael Jackson (God forbid) but I know who I'd rather meet in a dark alley...Maybe the scariest thing about Mannekin Jackson is the emptiness that smites you when the face speaks. By contrast, Keith seems so completely human, a bit frayed and burnt, but impishly alive and mirthful - and increasingly so!
<P>What a strange thread!
<P>And how has Peter G. managed to stay in such top form at 'turning 50?' Not only does he look much the same facially, but he seems able to rock just as manically....an amazing cat for sure.
<P>cheers
<P>bruce in calgary
<P>'You don't stay on top by being stupid.' ~ Keith Richards