Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] How Can You Cover Variety?

ALEXEI alexeis@usa.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:06:09 +0200

Interesting... So far, with the exception of Jimmy Sharman's Boxers and
Basement Flat, everybody spoke in favor of essentially one same type of the
Oils' music.  Lucky Country, Truganini, Read About It, King of the Mountain,
to me, were generated by the feelings of angst, dissatisfaction, you name it.
They also fall into one category music-wise.  Is this what the Oils will be
always remembered for in the first place?

If I ever had to decide what Oils' song to cover, I would start looking at my
own band first.  Oils left behind enough material to quelch virtually any
band's search for music to cover...

Alexei