Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] A Midnight Oil Musical?

Matthew Wightwick madboy_92001@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:14:08 +1100 (EST)

Dear all,

Rock musicals seem to be big news at the moment, what
with Mamma Mia (the ABBA Musical) and Ben Elton's new
Queen musical doing the rounds.

My ponderance is this: if a Midnight Oil Musical were
to exist, would there be any interest from people on
this Powderworking list?

Before anyone asks: yes, I am working on a script for
such a thing. The basic storyline has been mapped out
(with songs), but the script itself has not been
started yet. My dream is to have this on the stage at
some point, opening up the music of Midnight Oil to a
whole new audience. Buggered if I know how that's
gonna happen, though.

So, please let me know what you think...

God bless,

Matthew Wightwick.

PS: Melbourne Demons are the best AFL team. Go Dees!

- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.