Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Away...

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:38:16 +1030

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C2D471.6286F580

Hmm,
On the other hand  have RW on the tape in my car. Comfortable Place On the
Couch keeps coming up. They say the truth is what you see. I know the truth
is what you feel. Haul Away.
John Howards terrorism kit went straight in the bin. He's too busy playing
buddies with George. George has to have his little victory so he can get
re-elected . Economy in a slump . Bad ratings. Lets have a quick war for
some cheap oil, and a common enemy. Takes the focus off the truth. Bread and
Circuses.
Lew and Anna
PS - Sadam's as guilty as the next guy but no-one invaded Libya after
Lockerbie. And pakistan could go fundementalist any day which would be much
worse with their nuclear capability, and the number of A Q cells there ready
to be martyrs. Invasion of Iraq mite just trigger that.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Bruce Robertson
  Sent: Friday, 14 February 2003 1:00 PM
  To: Beth Curran
  Cc: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
  Subject: RE: [Powderworks] Oils Away...

  Whoa - must be some kind of oily meta-cybernetic convergence going on.
I've been humming 'Sleep' over and over for the past coupladays ... Red
Sails in the morning, sailor's warning... ahhh, sleep. Time to go get some.
Good night from true north friends.

  bruce in calgary

   Beth Curran <bcurran@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

    This is so weird. I listened to RSIS three times today. Remember some
    posts a few months back about how the Oils have always chosen the last
    songs on their albums as carefully as the first ones? The last words on
    that album (well, the last intelligible ones anyway, I've never been
    able to understand the rant) are just wonderful

    I can get lost
    I can get confused
    Something's misplaced
    Maybe for good

    Absolutely gorgeous, and unfortunately all too applicable to our world
    right now. Good night from Little Texas - oh, sorry, I mean the great
    state of Ohio, where we're doing our best to thin out our Death Row as
    efficiently as Texas has. Yessirree, there's one less mouth to feed in
    Ohio today! John Ashcroft for President!

    Still saving my pin money for airfare to Oz and keeping my hopes
    up..........- Beth

    -----Original Message-----From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu