Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] tech question: Black CDRs???

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:21:12 +1100

----- Forwarded by Ian LLOYD/AU/Canon on 12/02/2003 08:24 AM -----

                    Ian LLOYD
                                         To:     Mike Blackwood <mikeb@cs.mun.ca>
                    12/02/2003           cc:     "David A. Brass" <amt4all,
                    08:18 AM             powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                                         Subject:     Re: [Powderworks] tech question:
                                         Black CDRs???(Document link: Ian LLOYD)

I wonder  if these will work on my DVD as at the moment i cannot watch VCD's recorded on CDR's? Does anyone know if this may work?

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    Mike Blackwood
                    <mikeb@cs.mun.ca>              To:     "David A. Brass" <amt4all@yahoo.com>
                    Sent by:                       cc:     powderworks@colorado.edu
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        Subject:     [Powderworks] tech question: Black
                    lorado.edu                     CDRs???

                    12/02/2003 01:17 AM

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, David A. Brass wrote:

> There is a new type of CD-R out now...black vinyl disks (same material used for lp records) and the durability is supposed to be much better but,
you can not see the "burned" area on the disk when the copy is done.  Are there any objections to these type of disks that would make their use
undesirable?  Will use these exclusively unless there are objections.

So, what longevity problems do old colorless/blue/green/gold cd-r's have?
Do I have to re-burn all my cd-r's on the new black ones or what?  I have
priceless (to me anyway) rarities by a whole slew of bands, and I don't
want to worry about the media they're stored on self destructing!

Mike