Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Looking for shows

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 09:56:17 -0500

--=====================_347232143==_.ALT

At 10:57 AM 2/7/03 -0500, JamesburneyU2@aol.com wrote:
>  This was an awesome show where the Oils brought opening band Will Hogg
> out for the final song where the jammed together Neil Young's "Keep On
> Rockin' In The Free World."  I still have the lyric sheet they put on
> stage for it!  Sweat stains and all from the dripping Peter.  Memories...

They probably should have put a tab sheet out when they pulled WIll out for
the final encore in NYC ... Will came out after the show and the party and
very sheepishly admitted that he did not even recognize or know how to play
"Shakin' All Over".

I got the distinct impression that the Oils were rather fond of Will and
his boys.  A couple hours before the Bowery show, I was hanging out in line
when Will showed up.  My first thought was "wow - looks like young Will
done got himself a Rob haircut".  Sometime shortly after, Rob shows up with
the same haircut and a Will Hoge "soulpatch" on his lower lip/chin.  Too
funny!

Too bad he shaved for the photo shoot (hey! he could have auctioned it off
on e-bay!).
--=====================_347232143==_.ALT

At 10:57 AM 2/7/03 -0500, JamesburneyU2@aol.com wrote:<br>
where the Oils brought opening band Will Hogg out for the final song
where the jammed together Neil Young's &quot;Keep On Rockin' In The Free
World.&quot;&nbsp; I still have the lyric sheet they put on stage for
it!&nbsp; Sweat stains and all from the dripping Peter.&nbsp;
Memories...</blockquote><br>
They probably should have put a tab sheet out when they pulled WIll out
for the final encore in NYC ... Will came out after the show and the
party and very sheepishly admitted that he did not even recognize or know
how to play &quot;Shakin' All Over&quot;.<br>
I got the distinct impression that the Oils were rather fond of Will and
his boys.&nbsp; A couple hours before the Bowery show, I was hanging out
in line when Will showed up.&nbsp; My first thought was &quot;wow - looks
like young Will done got himself a Rob haircut&quot;.&nbsp; Sometime
shortly after, Rob shows up with the same haircut <i>and </i>a Will Hoge
&quot;soulpatch&quot; on his lower lip/chin.&nbsp; Too funny!&nbsp;
Too bad he shaved for the photo shoot (hey! he could have auctioned it
off on e-bay!).</html>