Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] ESM

Kelly Morris km97mo at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:52:08 MST 2003

ESM's my favorite album.  It's the first Oils album I
ever heard and it's what got me hooked on their music.
 It's also one of the few Oils albums on which Peter
Garrett's voice can be described with the word
"beautiful", in my opinion.  He's got a wicked cool
singing voice and it goes with the music, but it's
rarely this smooth.

As for worst song, there are songs I like more than
others, but I try not to judge their music in that
way.  I admire them for experimenting, even if I
haven't always liked the results. I find most bands to
be soooooo boring these days.  MO never tried to
repeat themselves - and as musicians they had enough
talent that they didn't have to.