Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Worst Oil Song (ESM DEFENSE)

Michael mbtigger at charter.net
Thu Dec 11 09:48:10 MST 2003

If I try - maybe I can understand why ESM would be a LEAST fav. Oil album.

THINK>>THINK>>THINK> - MY BRAIN HURTS!

I just love ESM! - It is quite possibly my favorite Oils album. I think many
of the tracks place Bone's Bassline right up front, and the Basslines sound
very melodic in thier own right. I know this has been hashed out before, but
I did not say much back then. On second thought - maybe I do understand - it
is probably the most unique sounding Oils album, almost "Beatleesque". My
favorite Beatles Album is "Revolver" and the guitar on both albums seem to
have a lot of the same sound. I think the Oils could have recorded "And Your
Bird Can Sing" or "I'm only sleeping" and it would have fit on ESM
perfectly. This is not a criticism - Both revolver and ESM have my highest
seals of approval . Or maybe I am just not awake and feeling delusional this
morning

Michael

From: "Jeff and Jane Scott" <jscott at iinet.net.au>