Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] new music recommendations.... NMOC

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

--0-1065973729-1060975500=:1264

G'day all, and to you, Mike, me old trout, may I suggest:

Mark Heard 'Satellite Sky'
Ian Dury - the first two albums at least
Jules and the Polar Bears (if you can find them)
Bob Dylan - Infidels, or his new 'Green Mountain' disc

Happy Ear!

bruce

Mike Blackwood <mikeb@cs.mun.ca> wrote:

Hey, gang... I'm a HUGE fan of Midnight OIl and Ned's Atomic Dustbin, but
am in the bittersweet position of having all their music and copious
bootlegs... in essence, I'm looking for new bands to obsess over! So,
I'm asking you all if, based on the below list of bands I love, you could
suggest new bands for me to check out, and hopefully point me towards some
mp3s to whet my appetite.

I'm a huge fan of The Oils, The Neds, REM, Possum Dixon, Furnaceface,
Faded, Chapterhouse, The Mutton Birds, Bic Runga, and The Cure... does
this list bring any bands to mind for you guys?

thanks in advace, and sorry for being off-topic...

hold together,
Mike "Elixir" Blackwood

--

---------------------------------

--0-1065973729-1060975500=:1264

<DIV>G'day all, and to you, Mike, me old trout, may I suggest:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark Heard 'Satellite Sky'</DIV>
<DIV>Ian Dury - the first two albums at least</DIV>
<DIV>Jules and the Polar Bears (if you can find them)</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Dylan - Infidels, or his new 'Green Mountain' disc</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Happy Ear!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce<BR><BR><B><I>Mike Blackwood &lt;mikeb@cs.mun.ca&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; WIDTH: 100%"><BR>Hey, gang... I'm a HUGE fan of Midnight OIl and Ned's Atomic Dustbin, but <BR>am in the bittersweet position of having all their music and copious <BR>bootlegs... in essence, I'm looking for new bands to obsess over! So, <BR>I'm asking you all if, based on the below list of bands I love, you could <BR>suggest new bands for me to check out, and hopefully point me towards some <BR>mp3s to whet my appetite.<BR><BR>I'm a huge fan of The Oils, The Neds, REM, Possum Dixon, Furnaceface, <BR>Faded, Chapterhouse, The Mutton Birds, Bic Runga, and The Cure... does <BR>this list bring any bands to mind for you guys?<BR><BR>thanks in advace, and sorry for being off-topic...<BR><BR>hold together,<BR>Mike "Elixir" Blackwood<BR><BR>-- <BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Powderworks mailing
--0-1065973729-1060975500=:1264--