Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] No MO Content: Aboriginal Art Auction

tfrommer@mindspring.com tfrommer@mindspring.com
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

There was a long article in a recent "New Yorker" magazine about the upcoming auction of Aboriginal art from the Great Sandy Desert. Unfortunately, I was a couple of issues behind in my reading and if the article was ever posted on their site, it's down now. Oz residents will be able to speak more knowledgably on this than me, but as I understand it a seminal piece of work will be auctioned in an attempt to raise money for land title claim in that region. A brief article mentions it here:
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,6805605%255E16422,00.html