Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rabbit Proof Fence

Rhonda kayak@sympatico.ca
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:19:25 -0400

Hi Workers,

Just watched this on DVD last night for the first time.  For those of
you who have not yet seen it, if you don't like crying in front of
people, watch it alone.  The acting was splendid.  It was a very
emotionally draining movie and incredibly painful for me to watch, both
as a mother and as a person with considerable percentage of Native
American ancestry.  That this removal of aboriginal children continued
right up until 1970 in Australia and I think also around similar years
in the US and Canada is despicable and heartbreaking.

Rhonda