Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Weather and volume (was Another thing about E&S&M)

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:24:47 +1000 (EST)

--0-6204475-1050369887=:28685

Weather....and volume.
Yeah, I have been listening loud.  Ok, I will prove why listening to loud music while driving is safe.
1.  Pedestrians hear you coming and stay out of your way.
2.  Other cars hear you from far away (if you got open windows) and stay away.
3.  Animals too....
4.  And most important, it temporarily fixes minor mechanical problems:  if you hear that funny noise in your engine, just turn up your music, and the noise goes away.
Anyways, I have experienced summer, winter, spring and summer these few weeks.  When we went to Jamaica, it was summer.  Came back, and it was 4 inches of snow and winter.  Now it's summer again.
And the coolest thing....when in Jamaica we rented a car, and drove around the island.  Beautiful place, and friendly people.  Driving is a little different (now, Aussie and English workers don't laugh) and I did good, stayed in all the correct lanes, and followed the right direction (on the left) - NO PROBLEM.   The car was 5-speed, and even though the shifter was on the left, and the shifting pattern was different, thank God they left those pedals alone!
           Cost of livin' gets so high,
            Rich and poor they start to cry:
            Now the weak must get strong;
            They say, "Oh, what a tribulation!"
            Them belly full, but we hungry;
            A hungry mob is a angry mob.
            A rain a-fall, but the dirt it tough;
            A pot a-yook, but d' yood* no 'nough. Bob Marley

 Rhonda <kayak@sympatico.ca> wrote:Beth,

Getting a bid giddy with the weather are we? ;-) Join the club!!
Anybody else notice that the temperature outside has a positive
correlation with the volume on the cd player? I'm more than a bit
hoarse after belting out Scream in Blue and TRT on the way home from
work today.

Just doing my part to make the rest of Highway 404 aware of the Oils....

-Rhonda

> Subject: [Powderworks] Another thing about E&S&M....
> Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:26:33 -0400
> From: "Beth Curran"

> Öis there any better example of RHís spankiní percussion prowess than Renaissance Man? IMHO Robís finest achievement. Gawd I do love that song, itís got everything:drums, then you got the guitar & organ working together so smoothly, great bass line, terrific rant, positive message, fantastic lyrics, what more could anyone want on the first warm day of Spring in North America????????- Beth

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mobile
--0-6204475-1050369887=:28685

<DIV>
<P>Weather....and volume.
<P>Yeah, I have been listening loud.&nbsp; Ok, I will prove why listening to loud music while driving is safe.
<P>1.&nbsp; Pedestrians hear you coming and stay out of your way.
<P>2.&nbsp; Other cars hear you from far away (if you got open windows) and stay away.
<P>3.&nbsp; Animals too....
<P>4.&nbsp; And most important, it temporarily fixes minor mechanical problems:&nbsp; if you hear that funny noise in your engine, just turn up your music, and the noise goes away.
<P>Anyways, I have experienced summer, winter, spring and summer these few weeks.&nbsp; When we went to Jamaica, it was summer.&nbsp; Came back, and it was 4 inches of snow and winter.&nbsp; Now it's summer again.
<P>And the coolest thing....when in Jamaica we rented a car, and drove around the island.&nbsp; Beautiful place, and friendly people.&nbsp; Driving is a little different (now, Aussie and English workers don't laugh) and I did good, stayed in all the correct lanes, and followed the right direction (on the left) - NO PROBLEM. &nbsp; The car was 5-speed, and even though the shifter was on the left, and the shifting pattern was different, thank God they left those pedals alone!
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cost of livin' gets so high,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Rich and poor they start to cry:<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now the weak must get strong;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; They say, "Oh, what a tribulation!"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Them belly full, but we hungry;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A hungry mob is a angry mob.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A rain a-fall, but the dirt it tough;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A pot a-yook, but d' yood* no 'nough. <EM>Bob Marley</EM><BR>
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Rhonda &lt;kayak@sympatico.ca&gt;</I></B> wrote:
--0-6204475-1050369887=:28685--