Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] awesome lyrics

Brian Jacobs suncrush@lycos.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 01:10:17 +1200

I thought, since there's been a lot of griping about lyrics lately, which in all fairness I started, I'd share some lyrics which have really blown me away recently.  And, I have chosen U2, the band I have been lightly flamed for targeting in my original post.

To set this up without oversharing my pathetic personal life, I have had a major headache in my life recently, and she's 5'8" and Canadian (golly, I hope no one I know personally is lurking out there.)  U2's song "Walk to the Water" has really touched me, and helped wipe the frown off my face.
Especially this part:

Your hair was coloured gold
Like a field of corn
You were blown by the wind
You were blown by the wind

Walk, walk, walk...to the water
Walk with me a while
Walk, walk, walk...to the roadside
Walk me in the light

A room in the Royal Hotel
Sea facing views
A man with a suitcase
Full of things he doesn't need
I'm looking through your window
I'm walking through your doorway
I'm on the outside
Let me in
Let me love you
Let me love you
Let me...

Walk, walk, walk...to the water.

Heh.  Maybe I ought to put that in a letter to her.

Brian

---
I came here for forgiveness.
I came to raise the dead.
I came here to play Jesus
To the lepers in my head.
                                --After "One," U2

Tired of all the SPAM in your inbox? Switch to LYCOS MAIL PLUS