Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] It took the most powerful rock band in the world to save my...

Rusty Shock rustyshock@alltel.net
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:09:41 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C26263.38D0FD60

NICE!  Not only do I get to talk with other Powderworkers, I find that =
I've also been given an opportunity to network with people of my =
religion, too :-D  Then again, I guess it isn't so surprising that =
Midnight Oil would attract young(ish) Unitarians.

This list is the coolest.

Rusty

  I too am a Unitarian Universalist who has loved Midnight Oil since the =
"Diesel & Dust" era (which was actually before I became a UU). I've been =
on this list since 1996 but mostly lurk nowadays.=20

  I agree that there is "another America" out there in the transcendent =
sense ... the problem is how to reach them. We Americans (through our =
Congress, Federal Communications Commission, market forces, etc.) have =
let the radio industry and the recording industry consolidate their =
ownership and homogenize the sounds we hear to an unprecedented degree. =
And they just don't let in "rock the boat" groups anymore.=20

  A few years ago, my congregation had a student minister who really =
liked Midnight Oil but had no idea the band was still producing albums =
(this was around the time RW came out in Australia). Multiply that by =
all the people who liked/bought D&D. They ARE out there ... I feel it in =
my bones....=20

  Back to lurking, but keep in touch!=20

  Peace,=20
  Patty in Maryland=20

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C26263.38D0FD60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4611.1300" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>NICE!&nbsp; Not only do I get to talk with other=20
Powderworkers, I find that I've also been given an opportunity to =
network with=20
people of my religion, too :-D&nbsp; Then again, I guess it isn't so =
surprising=20
that Midnight Oil would attract young(ish)&nbsp;Unitarians.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This list is the coolest.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Rusty</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px =
solid"><FONT=20
  face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D3=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"><BR>I too am a Unitarian Universalist who has =
loved=20
  Midnight Oil since the "Diesel &amp; Dust" era (which was actually =
before I=20
  became a UU). I've been on this list since 1996 but mostly lurk =
nowadays.=20
  <BR><BR>I agree that there is "another America" out there in the =
transcendent=20
  sense ... the problem is how to reach them. We Americans (through our=20
  Congress, Federal Communications Commission, market forces, etc.) have =
let the=20
  radio industry and the recording industry consolidate their ownership =
and=20
  homogenize the sounds we hear to an unprecedented degree. And they =
just don't=20
  let in "rock the boat" groups anymore. <BR><BR>A few years ago, my=20
  congregation had a student minister who really liked Midnight Oil but =
had no=20
  idea the band was still producing albums (this was around the time RW =
came out=20
  in Australia). Multiply that by all the people who liked/bought =
D&amp;D. They=20
  ARE out there ... I feel it in my bones.... <BR><BR>Back to lurking, =
but keep=20
  in touch! <BR><BR>Peace, <BR>Patty in Maryland <BR></FONT><FONT =
lang=3D0=20
  face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2=20
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C26263.38D0FD60--