Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fw: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:29:20 EDT

--part1_5a.120d6c3e.2ac0fdd0_boundary

In a message dated 9/23/2002 2:39:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk writes:

> Jeff,
>
> From a quick glance at the bounce message, I would guess that cern.ch
> doesn't like your email address. "The domain mindspring.com or external
> relay through this domain is banned by the CERN" - you'll probably find
> that your domain is a source of a lot of spam, and so messages from you
> are being blocked as a "punishment" against mindspring.com for allowing
> too much spam to come from their machines in the past. If this is the
> case, all you can do Jeff is move to another mail address, or ignore the
> bounces.
>
> I may be wrong of course - any e-mail experts care to suggest otherwise

I'm getting the same thing, and I seem to recall this happening about a
year ago with the exact same person's address.
Mike

--part1_5a.120d6c3e.2ac0fdd0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 9/23/2002 2:39:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mkelly@deadheart.org.uk writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Jeff,<BR>
<BR>
>From a quick glance at the bounce message, I would guess that cern.ch<BR>
doesn't like your email address. "The domain mindspring.com or external<BR>
relay through this domain is banned by the CERN" - you'll probably find<BR>
that your domain is a source of a lot of spam, and so messages from you<BR>
are being blocked as a "punishment" against mindspring.com for allowing<BR>
too much spam to come from their machines in the past. If this is the<BR>
case, all you can do Jeff is move to another mail address, or ignore the<BR>
bounces.<BR>
<BR>
I may be wrong of course - any e-mail experts care to suggest otherwise</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I'm getting the same thing, and I seem to recall this happening about a <BR>
year ago with the exact same person's address.<BR>
Mike<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_5a.120d6c3e.2ac0fdd0_boundary--