Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions/Classic Rarities

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:29:21 EDT

--part1_1a3.90d69c8.2abd3381_boundary

In a message dated 9/20/2002 8:39:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jeffbond@mindspring.com writes:

> This got me to thinking, who thinks they have the
> rarest, most valuable Vinyl out there?  The best I can
> do is Don McLean "American Pie", Iron Butterfly
> "In-Gadda-Da-Vida", and Dave Mason "Alone Together".

Haven't thought about it much, but being close to 50 and still having
my vinyl, I've got some that must be worth a ducat or two.  I'm partial
to the ones that have the cool album sleeves (which the Stones must
have specialized in) like "Their Satanic Majesties Request" with the
3D cover, "Through the Past, Darkly" with the hexagonal??? (stop
sign shaped) cover, and "Sticky Fingers" with the working zipper
(actually got the CD version that has it too).

Now I wonder what those 850 8-tracks out in the garage are worth?
(No, I'm not kidding).

Mike

--part1_1a3.90d69c8.2abd3381_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 9/20/2002 8:39:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jeffbond@mindspring.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">This got me to thinking, who thinks they have the<BR>
rarest, most valuable Vinyl out there?&nbsp; The best I can<BR>
do is Don McLean "American Pie", Iron Butterfly<BR>
"In-Gadda-Da-Vida", and Dave Mason "Alone Together".<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Haven't thought about it much, but being close to 50 and still having<BR>
my vinyl, I've got some that must be worth a ducat or two.&nbsp; I'm partial <BR>
to the ones that have the cool album sleeves (which the Stones must<BR>
have specialized in) like "Their Satanic Majesties Request" with the <BR>
3D cover, "Through the Past, Darkly" with the hexagonal??? (stop <BR>
sign shaped) cover, and "Sticky Fingers" with the working zipper<BR>
(actually got the CD version that has it too).&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Now I wonder what those 850 8-tracks out in the garage are worth?<BR>
(No, I'm not kidding).<BR>
<BR>
Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1a3.90d69c8.2abd3381_boundary--