Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:12:23 +1000

Kate,

You've just reminded me of another one, being a person who loves the surf and the sea i once purchased The Best of the Surfaris, you know the old
style surf music from the 60's & 70's!

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    Kate Adams
                    <kate@dnki.net>                To:     <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        Subject:     Re: [Powderworks] True confessions
                    lorado.edu

                    20/09/2002 11:05 AM

Hmmm, I was going to put this in the "guilty pleasures" column, but since you asked ...

At a yard sale, I found a boxed set of records from the year after I was born.  It's called "South Sea Island Magic" and the cover reads "Reader's
Digest Pleasure Programmed" and "Recorded in the magnificent new Dynagroove sound".

Inside are eight sides of cheezy semi-sanitized south-sea island polynesian audio kitsch perfect for patio parties and any umbella-drink occasion!

Oh yeah ... bonus points for Record 2, Side 7, Cut 1: Red Sails in the Sunset.  No foolin'!

Other than that we still have a copy of Loverboy - Get Lucky!