Midnight Oil

Sv: [Powderworks] Continuing NMOC Forgotten Years nonsense...

Magnus Holmgren oznut@swipnet.se
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 2:51:36 +0200

------=____1032223896475_paLu7+F7BN

> If you truly believe that the people on this board -- fans of Midnight Oil,
> for goodness sake -- are 'brainwashed' by the "U.S. Forces," then I can think
> of another application for your appellation 'pathetic' -- and it involves
> you.

Well....

I for one, used to think that was not the case. But I know better now (judging from outbursts of insanity sent to me privately).

Likewise, the other end of the spectrum is just as frightening with this weirdo who is not convinced Al Qaida was responsible for sept 11. You lose all credit with that statement escrutador! That's sad cause I'm genuinly interested in what's going on in South America.

Now, does that put me in the 'pathetic' category or not? I'm anxiously awaiting an answer on that one!

/Lucky bastard

WebMail från Tele2 http://www.tele2.se

------=____1032223896475_paLu7+F7BN

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2><I>But I still have not seen concrete proofs about it...<BR>
U.S. embassadors threatening the people of Bolivia on election days.</I><BR>
<BR>
You got some 'concrete proofs' of this accusation?<BR>
<BR>
When it comes to media reports about Al Qaeda, what does your idea of 'concrete' involve? Would anything short of an angel descending from on high with a burning scroll be good enough? Who do you consider trustworthy? ("Who do you believe is true? And nothing they say makes a difference this way/Nothing they say will do.")<BR>
<BR>
Nobody here, I don't think, is a blind follower of "My Country, Right Or Wrong." As the Oilman points out, you can't blame every person in America for the wrongs (overt and covert) committed by its leaders and shadowy fixers. We do what we can: protest when we are moved to do so, keep ourselves informed (and not just via the American media), and employ our hard-won right to vote. What those elected (or those who can steal an election) do with their power once they take office -- well, see item above. We get out there and create an almighty stink about it. It's called the First Amendment, and we cherish it. Other countries have often tried to copy our democracy; still more get tinpot dictators. Some, granted, have been put in place by America; and some -- believe it or not -- steal their own elections. Hello, welcome to the real world!<BR>
<BR>
If you truly believe that the people on this board -- fans of Midnight Oil, for goodness sake -- are 'brainwashed' by the "U.S. Forces," then I can think of another application for your appellation 'pathetic' -- and it involves you.<BR>
</FONT></HTML>

------=____1032223896475_paLu7+F7BN--