Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Best album tracks / REM similarity!!!

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:03:32 -0600 (MDT)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0237021031670206_ID

Blue album - Dust
Head Injuries - Naked Flame (honourable mentions to Koala sprint and is it now)
Bird noises - No time for games
Place without a postcard - Lucky Country
10-1 - Scream in Blue
Red Sails in the Sunset - Kosciosko
Species Deceases - Progress
Diesel and Dust - Gunbarrel Highway
Blue Sky Mining - Antartica
Scream in Blue - Burnie (live)
Earth & Sun & Moon - Bushfire
Breathe - E-Beat
20,000 watts RSL - One Country
Best of the b-sides - Stand in Line (Live)
Redneck Wonderland - Concrete
The Real Thing - Say your Prayers
Capricornia - Poets and Slaves

What a compilation tape that would be. Now I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

I love every track the Oils have done. They could release their version of Baby one
more time, and I am sure I would find something great in it.

Also, the Oils seem to have done what REM did at the start of the nineties. They wrote a
slow ballady sort of album in Automatic for the People, then they realised that they
missed loud guitars and so came Monster. I think the same can be said for Breathe and
Redneck Wonderland. Although don't get me wrong, I am not comparing the music.

Check out all the latest outrageous email attachments on the Outrageous Email Chart! - http://viral.lycos.co.uk

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0237021031670206_ID--