Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Least Favorite Midnight Oil

Jussi Korhonen jussihk@kolumbus.fi
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:43:01 +0300

I really can't decide between Redneck Wonderland and the first album.
RW represents a musical direction I don't appreciate, and I don't
like the songs on the album. I don't mind loud and noisy music, but
it's very easy to do that badly - which they did on RW - songs like
Concrete are just not any good in my opinion.

On the other hand, while the first album has some pretty good songs,
it doesn't sound good. Take Powderworks or Dust for example - Peter
hasn't quite learned to sign yet. I also don't think, what, 35
minutes, makes up a full album.

But if I put the age of the first album aside, RW is an easy choice
for the poll.

Jussi