Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] troublesome little rumble is the didgeridoo

Scott Williams jwilli16@san.rr.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:22:56 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C25461.9E7DCA40

       Hey all. There's this troublesome little rumble in the background =
of Luritja Way. I've wondered if it was something Bones is running =
through - kind of a wah-ish drone in the bass line, most noticable =
during the turnaround bits between verses. Then it struck me "could it =
be a Didgideroo?"

  Bruce-----  As Luritja Way quickly became my favorite Oils song when =
the CD came out, I played the song over and over.  The song must have =
been on repeat mode in my car stereo for weeks.  It wasn't until =
listening to it for the 200th+ time (and I thought I'd listened to it =
carefully and had picked out most of the song) when I heard the faint =
didgeridoo.  It just was there, and I was amazed I hadn't heard it =
earlier.  It's just after Peter sings 'it's better than drinking alone' =
and then does his little wail.... and ends just before Bones starts =
singing "O Guiding Light'.  It's like 2:24 - 2:30 in the song.   But =
it's definitely a didge, although the album liner notes do not mention a =
thing about the didgeridoo or who is playing it.  Maybe it's a synth or =
a sample...  I don't know.   But it blends in real nicely there.... I =
like how subtle it is. =20

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C25461.9E7DCA40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hey all. There's this&nbsp;troublesome =
little=20
  rumble in the background of Luritja Way. I've wondered if it was =
something=20
  Bones is running through - kind of a wah-ish drone in the bass line, =
most=20
  noticable during the turnaround bits between verses. Then it struck me =
"could=20
  it be a Didgideroo?"</P>
  <P><FONT size=3D2>Bruce-----&nbsp; As Luritja Way quickly became my =
favorite=20
  Oils song when the CD came out, I played the song over and over.&nbsp; =
The=20
  song must have been on repeat mode in my car stereo&nbsp;for =
weeks.&nbsp; It=20
  wasn't until listening to it for the 200th+ time (and I thought I'd =
listened=20
  to it carefully and had picked out most of the song) when I heard the =
faint=20
  didgeridoo.&nbsp; It just was there, and I was amazed I hadn't heard =
it=20
  earlier.&nbsp; It's just after Peter sings 'it's better than drinking =
alone'=20
  and then does his little wail.... and ends just before Bones starts =
singing "O=20
  Guiding Light'.&nbsp; It's like 2:24 - 2:30 in the song.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
But it's=20
  definitely a didge, although the album liner notes do not mention a =
thing=20
  about the didgeridoo or who is playing it.&nbsp; Maybe it's a synth or =
a=20
  sample...&nbsp; I don't know.&nbsp;&nbsp; But it blends in real nicely =

  there.... I like how subtle it is.&nbsp; </FONT></P><FONT=20
size=3D2></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <P><BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C25461.9E7DCA40--