Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Kiss That Cod

Mike Blackwood mikeb@cs.mun.ca
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:45:53 -0330 (NST)

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Bruce Robertson wrote:

> > >So, am I still allowed to count myself among the
> > die-hards of Oils fandom?
> > >;-)
>
> Mikey, my old son...I personally refuse to belong to
> any club that would have me as a member.

As much as I appreciate Groucho's sentiment, I have to tell you that "My
old son" is a very unlikely Newfie-ism.  Try "me ol' trout" or just "my
son".  Add any one of the below to any sentence for more authentic
Newfoundland charm!

Yes 'by!  (denotes agreement, or sarcasm)
Whadda'y'at?  ("What's up?" or "What are you doing?")
'Ow's she goin' buddy?  ("How are things?")
'Ow's ya gettin' on?  ("How are you?")

Mike