Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Powderworks digest, Vol 1 #773 - 12 msgs

Ray Maras preciousdesign@hotmail.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:42:04 +0000

Kiss That Girl - didn't that turn up on the 'Dapto Dog bootie?
Did anyone ever see it at any other shows?
The band didn't seem too confident with it, at the time, & I can't remember
ever seeing it again on any of the Real Thing or subsequent shows...
'Pub With No Beer' seems like a strange choice to be included on
Capricornia... any idea what will be the extra tracks on the Golden Age
single??

cheers,
R.

=====================================
>From :   afromme@gmx.de

To : Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu

Subject :  [Powderworks] Sony Music website info: European Capricornia &
Tour

Date : Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:10:17 +0100 (MET)

     Nicole thankfully pointed me to the Sony Music Germany website, which
now
     has the following info:

     "Bad news for German MO fans: The December tour during which the band
was to
     play Munich, Stuttgart, Oberhausen, Berlin and Hamburg, has now been
     completely cancelled. We do currently not have any information about
the reason
     for
     this cancellation. We do hope to be able to announce new tour dates as
soon
     as possible."
     " 'Capricornia' will be released in germany on November 18th and will
     include the Bonus tracks 'Kiss that girl', 'Pub with no beer' along
with a
     number
     of videos in a CD-ROM section."

     Also, it says that "Golden Age" will be released as a single, at least
in
     Germany.

     For those who'd like to read the original German version of
     this:

http://www.sonymusic.de/news.php?news=00007579deunew20021021111308&lang=deu&ze=nbm

     So quite obviously, Sony are quite eager to see them tour in Europe
again
     and it's safe to assume that they were NOT the ones behind the
cancellation.
     At least there's hope in that sentence about "new tour dates as soon as
     possible"
     At least, we get a new song that I don't think anybody has heard of
yet.
     (Along with the B-Side song 'Pub with no beer'.)

     hope this information is a little uplifting...

     andré

     p.s.: what is VERY strange is that they apparently haven't even told
their
     record company about the reasons for the cancellation... extremely
weird.