Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Cannin' a gig........

Tribe Goddard daznsam@webone.com.au
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:19:26 +1100

G'day all,

> At least McCartney gave a reason (out of respect for the
> Australian victims of the Bali bombing, "this is not an
> appropriate time for a rock concert ... blah blah blah").

In my opinion that's a weak arsed excuse and one that pays no respect to the
victims. I bet that the vicitms and their families would say "don't give in
to terrorism, play and play hard" but instead he cans the shows, lets the
terrorists have a small victory, disappoints thousands of fans and slugs the
Victorian economy and tourism industry who were both predicting a small wind
fall from the one and only McCartney concert being held in Victoria (but
that's a gripe for another forum).

I'd still like to hear why the Oils have canned their gigs though.

Cheers

Dazza