Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] greetings from D.C.

Tom Davies tdav@wam.umd.edu
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:55:08 -0400

salutations to all from Washington D.C., where yours truly was lucky enough
to be one of well over a hundred thousand people downtown in the largest
antiwar demonstration in D.C. since the Vietnam war. It's just nice to have
been part of one little thing in the world that went right for a change...

and while I'm writing, I'll just add that all you poor bastards in Europe
have my deepest sympathies. And I, too, would very much like it if the Oils
would tell their fans what's up with these cancellations. It didn't affect
me personally, but I really don't understand why this generally nice,
intelligent, hardworking band can't be just a little more forthcoming in
informing their fans. Is that so much to ask? Maybe someone who talks to
the band could just pass that general sentiment along in a diplomatic way...

Tom