Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Euro Tour Cancelled

Rolf Greven rolf@xs4all.nl
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:03:02 +0200

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002, afromme@gmx.de wrote:
> Oh - come on!

[...]

> And why are tickets still on sale for three German and the London shows
> still on sale?

Bad news never travels fast!

> And will there ever be new Euro dates?
> And why am I so pissed off at this?

[...]

> p.s.: giving reasons for the cancellation on their website would be a nice
> way of calming down those who were looking forward to finally seeing the guys
> again.

Well, let us take a look at the concert list:

 European Dates December 2002
 Friday 06  Munich Babylon  Germany
 Sunday 08 Stuttgart Longhorn  Germany
 Monday 09 Strasbourg Laiterie France
 Tuesday 10 Oberhausen Turbinenhalle  Germany
 Thursday 12 Berlin Columbiahalle  Germany
 Friday 13 Hamburg Grosse Freiheit  Germany
 Saturday 14 Amsterdam Melkweg Max  Holland
 Sunday 15 Paris Elysee Montmartre  France
 Monday 16 London Brixton Academy England

If I look at it it could be very much a problem to be one evening in
germany, the next day in France and then the next day again back in
Germany... Doesn't sound very 'efficient'.

Anyway, I'm quite upset with this news and keep saying to myself that I
should have bought that planeticket to Sydney back in July when I thought of
going to Oz in November.

Rolf