Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Billion Dollar Babies

CYakaAL@aol.com CYakaAL@aol.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:58:46 EDT

Brian, et al...

I agree with you, it is not a black and white issue it is a gray issue.

We all have our own personal definition of sellout.  For some, like your
friend it's a mass appeal song, for others like me it's appearing in a
commercial or at a sporting event.

And that's what makes the world go round.

As for the Stones, they have never pretended to be anything other than cash
cows.  But they've done a very good job hiding the fact.  And I don't object
to the Stones cashing in on their music and their talent, because they've
done it pushing there own stuff.

That said, I await for the next round of bashing.

AL