Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Songwriting (Was Lyrics Question)

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:00:26 -0600

Wow Beth that's a tough one!  There's so many songs to choose from...
I could think of more than a few.
Well I think that Truganini is a pretty amazing one musically cause of those
two overlapping guitar riffs.  There's also some really great guitar stuff
on Is it Now?, RRR, I'm the Cure and Powderworks.
There are amazing examples of bass on P&P and Stand In Line.
As for the band totally clicking together, i think one of the best examples
of how tight they are is Short Memory...the song just really has an almost
mechanical feeling to it.
Sometimes when i play some of their stuff i start thinking to myself, how
the hell did they think up such great riffs!  If only I was that
good...haha! :)

Well that's not to say that some of the other songs aren't good examples,
because they are...those are just a few that i thought of off the top of my
head.  I'm curious about what other people think.

Heidi